Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finished projects











In the top photo, to the left is a "spool" book. Just a fun kind of thing I saw in a book. I sewed papers together, making a one long piece, glued one end to the empty thread spool, and wrapped it around the spool. I attached an eyelet and a "4 " elastic" band (7 Gypsies) to hold it closed. It is a time-line book, of the year that I was born, having information/happenings throughout that year. To the right, of the spool book is an "envelope" book. The cover is handmade (including the paper). Inside (the following pic) is a look at the inside, which is made from envelopes, sealed and cut on the opposite end, with others aattached to make the pages. I inked, spritzed (Maya Road, Tattered Angels), created the embellies using my Cricut machine and had a blast!
The next pics are of a "Book in a Tin" themed "Autumn". The pages are accordian and easily fold out and back in. The only problem I had was keeping the pages simple to remain flat enough to fit into the tin. If too heavily embellished (including photos), the tin would not close as it should. All three projects were time consuming, but definitely worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment